Wednesday, August 8, 2007

BACK AT THE FARM

Last night Stephen Colbert provided a rather rude definition of us bloggers. Well, you are kindly welcome to read our blog -- but only if you want to.

We arrived here at the farm about 10:30 a.m. The weather is seasonably warm but breezy. I can see harvesting in progress on the Miller farm to the north of us. Our place has not been worked yet. I can't say whether or not harvesting is in full swing. I rather suspect so.

We have been "working on projects" (a phrase of summarization I picked up from the Industrial Commission) since our arrival. I love retirement -- being able to spend time here at the farm, the flexibility to do what I like at a time convenient for me. But I admit that I could use a fulfilling project or two. I'm working on that.

Mike is down at the gym right now. The "gym" is a spot in the barn where he has set up some weightlifting equipment. Nellie likes to go with him; she pokes around in the barn and tries to catch frogs in the pond. Our ordinary custom of a late afternoon is to walk out to the head of Dobson Road -- about a mile -- where our mailbox is located. No, we don't get much "snail mail." KW




1 comment:

Hallie said...

Much like e-mail, you have to tell people your address in order to receive snail mail. :)