Wednesday, October 31, 2007

AFGHAN FOR ANNIE


As we were firming our plans to drive to Denver earlier this month, I decided it was the perfect opportunity to make an afghan for Annie. That way I wouldn't have to ship it. I had less than three weeks and it seemed an ambitious project (I tend to work slowly), but I decided to give it a try. I used Caron's "Simply Soft," a yarn I haven't used previously, but the colors were right. I made a ripple afghan in two shades of pink and also white. We gave it to her last night and she immediately wrapped up in it -- which is what I had envisioned. I hope she will use it and enjoy it. My mother wanted the afghans she made to be treated with deference. She thought of them as living legacies. Fold it -- keep it -- don't use it. Not me! I want mine used so that the recipient feels the love I have for him / her through its warmth. You say you've used it up and it's not so pretty? Great! -- I'll make you another.

3 comments:

Hallie said...

The afghan came out really nice. Is that a bag of Cheetos in Annie's stash? Did she get that trick or treating???

Kathy said...

It could be Cheetos, and all that stuff is her trick-or-treat stash. YP lives in a development where the houses are quite large, but the kids took us to the mansions on the other side of the golf course because they knew the treats would be good. Actually, people were generous everywhere they went. XO

debdog42 said...

I love that afghan. Pink is my favorite color!