Tuesday, October 30, 2007

COOKIN' ON TUESDAY


Yancey, Kelly and the kids had busy schedules today, so I made chicken enchiladas for dinner. Suddenly the house seemed so quiet and I had the feeling I was being watched. Check out the picture. I also baked a pumpkin spice cake -- one of my favorite recipes.

The greater Denver area is designed with many parks, bike / walking paths, and open areas, many of the parks connected by the paths. It's a great place to exercise. This morning we found a geo-cache at one such park, "Cottonwood Park." Mike dropped me at the Hobby Lobby where I spent an enjoyable half hour browsing. It's a big store as much about home decor as hobbies, and hobbies means all hobbies -- like model trains, doll houses, etc. There was some yarn and some fabric, but really not much. There were lots of Christmas decorations and I liked that but decided not to invest in breakables while traveling. Mike shopped at Gander Mountain where he bought their last bag of copper-coated shot -- something he has been seeking for years. He thought it quite a coup!

Tomorrow is our last day here -- and an important day -- Halloween! Thursday we will travel to Clint's. KW

5 comments:

Hallie said...

This is so crazy. I check this first thing in the morning at work and there's a blog, then I check it when I get home and there's a blog. Your life is so much better than mine. I've been going to work at 7 every morning to let my temporary receptionist in. Meanwhile, I've promoted my old receptionist and am working ever so hard to replace her. I'm so tired. Tomorrow is Halloween at HL2 (and everywhere else). My group's theme is twisted fairy tales--like a pregnant Snow White ("Ho White"), Little Red Riding in da Hood, Cigarella...I'm the Princess and the Pee. Good news is that I get to wear pajamas to work.

Kathy said...

No -- my life is not better than yours! Having a blog is a responsibility. I see it as a daily "prompt" to put some happening into perspective and write about it. Right now I have the time. Besides, I'm an hour ahead of you and I know when you check the blog. The household is waking up now. Kelly came home at 9:00 p.m. and left this morning at 6:30. XO

Hallie said...

That is SO cute!!! I bet Nellie was telling the other dogs that you're HER human and therefore any treats belonged to her.

Kathy said...

I knew you would like that picture. I'm glad it turned out well enough to post. There was enough jealousy to go around, I assure you. And you know, you don't get your love of dogs from me. It could be a bit intimidating for me when all three vied for my affections. But they just wanted attention so I would scratch all six ears. (Belle stays out of the fray.) XO

debdog42 said...

Those dogs are adorable!