Tuesday, October 23, 2007

FIRST STOP: THE FARM

We arrived here at 10:30 a.m. The afternoon was beautiful and warm. After lunch I planted a package of Wal-Mart daffodils on the bank behind the house. Later I made sauce of some apples and pears and baked brownies and a meatloaf for dinner at Clint's tomorrow. He works until 5:30, so I thought it would be good to take supper.

I walked Nellie this afternoon while Mike rode his bike. He got back to the house before we did and decided to go bird-hunting, so he changed clothes, put his gun on the 4-wheeler, and met us on the lane. He called to Nellie to come with him, but she was reticent. Finally he got off the 4-wheeler, picked up the gun and showed it to her. Then she ran along behind the 4-wheeler.

I started making a Christmas tree skirt using Red Heart yarn. If you want to make a nice soft afghan for someone, consider using a different brand of yarn. I would be very unhappy if my present project were an afghan. It will be fine as a tree skirt. I'm going to check out "Vanna's Choice" or maybe some other Lion Brand yarns.

No comments: