Sunday, November 4, 2007

AND NOW WE'RE HOME


It was a great trip and we had a good time. We left from the farm on Wednesday, October 25, and arrived home Saturday, November 3. The three of us – Mike, Kathy, and Nellie --traveled 2500 miles in our Subaru WRX. We saw three of our five children and four of our five grandchildren. We saw Annie play softball in a tournament, watched Jackson play basketball, took them to a museum, and went trick-or-treating. We greeted Mason on his 7th birthday. We found 11 geo-caches, two of them with Jackson. I found some yarn I needed. I watched a good movie (The Illusionist). We saw where Clint works. And I came home with great ideas. (I’ve already reorganized my kitchen.) The weather was great. In fact, the afternoons were warm and I had taken mostly sweatshirts. Here at home our thermometer said the high had been 78 while the low was 26. After ten days on Mountain Daylight Time, we returned home to an immediate change to Pacific Standard Time. Our internal clocks are actually experiencing a two-hour time change.

Well, you know what they say: “There’s no place like home.” We’re glad we went; we’re glad to be home. Love to all -- KW

No comments: