Thursday, November 15, 2007

RECYCLING DAY

I heard on the news that today is National Recycling Day. I didn't know such a day existed, but I did note to myself on our recent trip that all the children recycle. I'm grateful for that and for any part our philosophy had in fostering a caring attitude toward the world environment.

I'm making chili tonight. Do you make chili? How do you season it? I am not a connoisseur of chili. This time I added a little molassas and a little brown sugar plus some cinnamon and allspice. Of course, it has chili powder.

Mike and Ken went bird hunting this afternoon while I headed out for some shopping. This morning I climbed into the shop loft for Christmas decorations. I tried to avoid the lengthy trip down memory lane as I checked out various boxes of toys, stuffed animals, baby clothes, etc. In the last year I've made strides in unpacking and putting away. My theory is that items in storage are out of sight and out of mind. Sure, some things need to be stored but some things should be tossed if not used.

Stay warm!!! KW

No comments: