Tuesday, November 13, 2007

STORMY MONDAY

Yesterday (Monday - Veterans' Day) was really stormy at the farm with wind and rain. We were basically confined to the house all day. Mike vacuumed and cleaned the stove, and since he was cleaning, I decided I should make a couple of machines work. I ran the dishwasher and the washing machine. Yes, I washed clothes and hung them out in the wind. I noted the time -- 10:00 a.m. -- and laughed outloud when I found myself thinking that I was surely glad Chris and Hallie don't live on my street. (See comments on Sunday's blog.) Also, Mike finished the handrail and installed it. We are pleased with it. Now those of you with balance issues or those who have had hips replaced or those who just want a handrail to steady their use of the stairs can now proceed to the second floor with confidence! (Kathy's vintage sewing room is on the second floor.) This morning I planted four Crown Imperial bulbs and 12 daffodil bulbs. I was surprised to note after yesterday's storm that the soil was quite dry under the first few inches.

We returned to town this afternoon. After having read the manual on the Magnum, Mike couldn't wait to customize it for our use. He sat in it for an hour or so putting it through its paces. Well, at least I knew where he was! KW

3 comments:

Hallie said...

I'm glad I don't live on Aunt Chris' street what with her dirty laundry always hanging out and all.

How come Dad doesn't blog any more?

Kathy said...

I've been thinking about this laundry thing. I'll bet some women actually practiced the hanging out of dirty laundy, hence the phrase
"airing one's dirty laundry."

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'll have you know that even my dirty laundry is clean!! "We are very clean when we are dirty," she said virtuously.

Hmmm, you might have something there, Kathy.

Maybe Mike isn't blogging because he's either hunting or sitting in his new car??