Sunday, December 30, 2007

BRATZ

Mike had an appointment at TaxTyme yesterday (Sat., 12-29), so I took advantage of the opportunity to ride along and shop in Lewiston. Mike shops an agenda. I like to poke along and look at things, so I enjoy a certain amount of shopping alone. I have things on my mind and sometimes I don’t like to say what they are.

So, I went to Wal-Mart – clear back to the back corner where they keep the crafts – yarn, fabric, patterns. I’m thinking of the Bratz dolls. The little girl who came to our Christmas loves Bratz dolls, and I was just wondering if they had patterns to dress these brats – er, Bratz (dolls with attitudes). I found nothing for the Bratz but was totally captivated by the vintage doll patterns, specifically for the 8-inch Vogue Ginny, Muffy, Madame Alexander dolls. Now we’re talking my favorite dolls! I have those original patterns, but it’s a foregone conclusion – I will buy the reprints if only to encourage the market. My dolls look old now but I still love them and they would like to have new clothes.

Back to the Bratz – An online search confirmed that commercial patterns for Bratz clothes do not exist. One site encouraged me to make my own patterns but to be sure that I’m relaxed and free of stress before beginning in order to keep frustration at a minimum. Do these people know me or what? Another site offered crochet patterns using bits of leftover lightweight yarn. Maybe I’ll give that a try. Tough to do when you don’t have a doll on hand. Not sure I want a brat – er, Bratz.

Today’s highlights – Clinton and Elisha came over. Clint watched football with Mike while Elisha and I visited. I showed her the photo album Hallie organized for my 50th birthday. They left about 4:00. Clint will drive back to Hagerman tomorrow. Then brother Chuck called from his home in Ivins, Utah, to visit for a while.

No comments: