Wednesday, December 12, 2007

UPDATE -- MIKE'S FOOT

Yesterday we saw the podiatrist for a post-op check on Mike's left foot. The podiatrist was more than pleased with his work. The bandage was changed and Mike was "admonished" to continue to wear the walking boot / cast anytime he is on his feet. His next appointment is 12-18-07 for removal of stitches. The doctor said we will see diminished swelling by that time. Getting around is difficult but not impossible. He has been to the library for books and we've done some limited shopping. It's so good that he can be mobile and at least enjoy a change of scene.

What concerns us most at this time is that Mike is experiencing significant left shoulder pain. This impacts not only our plans for the holidays but worries him because of his tax prep responsibilities for CashTyme. I expect he will schedule a medical appointment soon.

Now you know why I'm spending the holidays with Ina. We're not generating much holiday spirit here, although I've finished one gift and am completing another. There's no place for a tree at the town house, but I have my Christmas Village displayed as well as some other Christmas ceramics. In this picture you see some of them cavorting over the holiday dishes. (KW)

2 comments:

Hallie said...

I'm glad you still have some holiday cheer. I didn't put anything out. I don't know why I always feel so busy. It will be okay if the weather does not permit us to be at the farm. It will be just as nice to be together wherever we end up.

Kathy said...

You feel busy because you are busy. The other day I felt so pressed to get things done, and I thought to myself, "Why, last year at this time I was working! How did I manage?" Well, it's close quarters in this little house, but the good thing would be HDTV. Maybe that would be good -- I don't know. XO