Tuesday, January 29, 2008

TAXTYME / REAL TIME UPDATE

TaxTyme, Mike’s tax prep business, is now entering its busiest period – this week and the next two weeks. Yesterday (Monday) was a big day, and he left for work at 6:30 this morning to receive reports and prepare folders. He plans to attend a wilderness meeting at the Quality Inn this evening, so it will be especially late when he gets home. I will be “on my own” for supper.

It snowed Sunday and as I look out my window I see a driveway covered in snow and ice and snow on the hills, but Mike says right here is the worst part of his drive to work – the main drag is bare. He said the winter look here was a surprise to him. More snow is expected for today. An article in today’s Trib covered problems associated with school closures.

I thought you might enjoy seeing this picture of my quilt blocks. The pattern is “Turning Twenty Again.” I’m ready to start sewing them together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! You're going to love it after it's all sewed together--it's amazing how different it will look, and then again after it is quilted.

Chris in super snowy Moscow!

Hallie said...

It's fun to see the Quillows and various projects in there! All this fun stuff you're doing makes me wish I had a sewing machine (and room for a sewing machine).

Kathy said...

I wish I had room for a sewing machine, too! I know I would sew more if I didn't have to keep putting the machine up and taking it down. I'm working on an idea. . . Yes, it's super snowy in Moscow and Spokane and probably at the farm. Here in the valley we haven't so much snow, but our driveway was a sheet of ice this morning -- treacherous. Mike took a header on his way for the paper.