Tuesday, January 15, 2008

TIME FOR A NEW BLOG

I’m wondering about that “avocado” bathroom in Seattle. Is there going to be a follow-up? In looking at the picture, I really thought the avocado was nice with the shower tile but perhaps not so good with the floor. I suppose you have to be there to properly assess that.

When I went to bed last night I really hoped it would be a night of unbroken sleep. I frequently find myself wide awake at 1:00 a.m. or so, and then I get up and read for an hour. Last night I felt the need of unbroken rest, but it was not to be. At midnight I heard Nellie’s cries. Mike said it was the wind, but I know cries when I hear them. The wind that started yesterday seemed to increase in the night, and stuff flying through the air was evidently way too weird for Nellie. Since Mike still has to fuss with an orthotic sandal whenever he walks, I got up to see to her in order to spare him the trouble. Seems like it took me another half hour to get her settled on her pillow. First she wanted a midnight snack and that was understandable since she went hunting with Ken yesterday. Then I had us all settled again and she needed to go out after having eaten her snack. So, when I heard what I suspected was the garbage can lid hit the house followed by a cacophony of crushed pop cans I just ignored it and went to sleep. The lid must have gone airborne because we can’t find it. These things are not the end of the world – just annoying.

Also annoying – relighting the water heater. Upon arising this morning, Mike discovered our hot water wasn’t even lukewarm. We figured the pilot blew out yesterday afternoon and my shower last night unnoticeably depleted what was left in the tank. Mike said the modular home dealership told him this is a common complaint and suggested a bucket over the vent on the roof.

I never know what a day will bring. I was going to start work on my quilt top, but Mike came home during the noon hour and I took him back to town so that he could pick up his motorcycle from the shop. From there I took advantage of the unexpected opportunity to do a little shopping. So – I’ll sew another day.

It did not snow in Lewiston today, but Moscow and other points in the upper country had school and road closures due to blowing snow.

2 comments:

Hallie said...

A follow-up is on it's way! The painting is complete and reassembly is underway. Stay tuned for tomorrow's update.

Seattle had rain yesterday with a good amount of snow in some areas. Such weather is enough to make many employees late for work. My commute, straight in on the well traveled roads, was unaffected by the weather.

Work has been VERY busy, but such details have no place on a nice blog like this.

Kathy said...

Good news!!!! I found the garbage can lid. It was across the street and over the bank.

Yes, some stuff just isn't blog-worthy. Sometimes I write a blog and think to myself -- "This just isn't interesting. I can't post this."

I'm waiting to see the update on your bathroom.