Friday, February 22, 2008

THIS & THAT

Quieter times have arrived at TaxTyme. Mike was surprised with a very busy day last Monday and a busier day than he expected on Tuesday. However, it’s slow now. So, he has arranged for one of his staff to cover for him tomorrow (Saturday), and we will go to the farm -- just a quick day trip. It should be an adventure. I look forward to the opportunity to take some boxes of things up there and I have a list of things to bring back – more photos, more old letters, Grandma’s recipe box – you know, just a lot of good stuff. I hope we can get in and that there are no mice.

Last night we went to the bike club’s annual potluck dinner. I would guess there were not more than 30 there. I took tuna noodle casserole. There were lots of other pasta dishes, of course, but no desserts. What’s up with that? After 20 years of attending these meetings and dying of boredom, I finally figured out how to handle them – take my crocheting.

Yesterday I finished the baby afghan and started Jack’s. I decided I was doing it too tightly, so I started over. It doesn’t bother me to do that. Once I realized I don’t really like to finish anything anyway, I decided that starting over is not a problem. I’m much happier with the product I have going now. I don’t know why I’m struggling with my gauge these days. In the past I never had to worry much about it.

We seldom use the furnace here in the modular home. We have a small wood stove and that has been adequate. On these mild days, I keep the fire going until early afternoon, let it go out, and then re-start at dinnertime. But – the last time I ran the furnace, I noticed that the air coming out the vents seemed cool and it was taking forever to heat the house. So, the furnace guy came this morning and found a spider web in the “flame orifice,” which restricted the ability of the flame to burn. He said this is not uncommon in modular homes.

1 comment:

Hallie said...

That cute doggie sure looks comfortable!!!