Tuesday, February 26, 2008

WON'T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR . . .


When we were considering purchasing the lot where our modular home now sits, I looked up on the hill and recognized the home of a friend, Mary Jane. Here’s a picture of Mary Jane’s house (the Spanish style in the center of the picture behind the three horses) taken from my front porch. When I go to her house, I simply walk up Critchfield Road, which you can see curving in the lower part of the picture, then make a couple of turns, and I’m there. It takes me 12 minutes.


And here’s a picture of the modular home from Mary Jane’s back yard. It's the house in the center of the photo -- yellow with brown roof. It's in the center of Mary Jane's view from her kitchen window. She says she can spit at me.

A herd of mule deer roams this neighborhood. During the winter, Mary Jane has had between 5 and 12 deer in her front yard from time to time. Unfortunately they weren’t there when I visited her today, but I’m in hopes that I can take a photo of them sometime soon.

Updates: Hallie underwent a surgical procedure yesterday (Monday) to remove a cyst from her right wrist. She is wearing bandages and a splint for the next week so can't keyboard much. I think she's getting along fine but not feeling her best right now. Mike talked with Carol and Bennie on Sunday. Carol has been staying with Bennie to provide extra care. And Mike talked to Yancey last night. There are continuing issues with his ankle related to the injury incident last fall. Kelly is fine and they expect to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl soon. Maybe they'll tell us. KW

2 comments:

Hallie said...

That would be impressive if MJ really could spit on your house from hers! It would also be slightly hazardous and pretty gross.

Kathy said...

It's a beautiful afternoon here in this 'hood. Mary Jane called this noon and had some papers to share with me, so Nellie and I walked to her house to get them. We went the back route -- down South Slope, up 25th Ave to 12th and down to MJ's, then home by way of Critchfield. After all, you know, spitting on me is just a figure of speech -- it means she's close but above.