Thursday, March 6, 2008

BODY BEAUTIFUL


Here are photos of the Magnum showing -- perhaps not too well -- the racing stripes, rocker panels, and body side molding we recently affixed. I was the #2 man. Kids, I'm sure all of you have fond memories of being your dad's #2 man. I sure miss you!



In this photo, you can see the body side molding and there's also a rocker panel, a heavy plastic strip, that we affixed under the door. It's purpose is to protect against rock damage which Mike thought important since we do travel gravel roads.






Here's a back view of the racing stripes. My most significant (or intellectual) contribution to the whole project was to find online instructions which so simplified the work. Instead of applying the strips dry, as the official instructions indicate, we filled a spray bottle with water and added just a couple of drops of liquid soap. Then we sprayed both the adhesive backing of the strip and the car. That way we could slide the strip into place and easily remove the air bubbles. As it dries, the adhesive sticks -- supposedly.
I finished the afghan so that I can take it to Gage. And this afternoon I went to Patrick's in Clarkston to buy yarn for Jack's. The colors are ranch red, true blue, eggshell, and black. I have laundry to finish, the bed to make, the dog to walk. Talk to you later . . .










2 comments:

Hallie said...

That's a pretty good tip with the soap and water. Very smart to look up how to do it! Did being "second man" involve Dad bossing you around? That's how I remember it. :)

Kathy said...

Mike thought the decal hadn't come with instructions while actually they were tucked inside the roll. We were glad I had found instructions online -- so much easier. Being #2 means hanging around to provide assistance as necessary. Boring. XO