Sunday, March 2, 2008

GOIN' TO BOISE CITY -- BOISE CITY, HERE WE COME!


Milo called and invited us to Boise for his graduation from the journeyman program. Mike checked his TaxTyme schedule and decided that the workload is light enough that a substitute could handle it. So, we’re heading to Boise on Friday the 7th and will return Sunday. Suddenly it’s important to apply those racing stripes to the Magnum, and this has been “our” weekend work. It has not been without trials. Is it ever?

I decided that the afghan I started for Jack is really too small for him. Even now he is a big boy, so an afghan 38”x44” just isn’t right. I’m going to finish it for Gage (Milo’s younger son – soon to be 4), and I hope I can do so this week and take it to him. I have been studying afghan patterns – again with Jack in mind, and have narrowed the field to three or four. I seem to agonize over these things. So many patterns – so little time!!


Oh!! – and this last week I actually stitched the first row of quilt blocks together. It’s a bit of a trial since some blocks have uneven edges, but so far I’ve managed all right. It’s disappointing, but this is a learning experience and I’m anxious just to take my lessons and get on to the next project – something I would rather do. And I’d always rather do something new. A friend told me a beginning quilters’ class is starting through the quilters’ guild. I thought about it and decided I really don’t want to do it. I think I know enough to work along on my own, and I like the flexibility of working that way.
[The photo above is one of my all-time favorites -- Mason (Milo and Billie's son) sitting in Milo's junker Datsun 1600 with Isabella, their dog.]

2 comments:

Hallie said...

It's pretty funny how they got the dog to pose just like Mason, right down to the grin! Too cute!

I hope we'll get to see the Magnum in its finished state.

Kathy said...

Yes, that's exactly why I love that picture. The dog and Mason look so happy! But you should see that sweet-faced dog snarl at Nellie!

I'll post photos of the Magnum in a day or two. XO