Tuesday, April 8, 2008


Here are a couple of photos from our town yard. Our ornamental cherry tree has begun to blossom, and daffodils bloom amongst the cactus and sage brush. However, it has been a cold spring. There has yet to come the day when I am thoroughly inspired to work in the yard though I have done a little weeding and also established a compost pile. Mike keeps reporting his observations, like “Is that grass coming up there something you planted?” and “I left the weeding of the spinach for you.”

Mike and I have discussed going to the farm a couple of times to open the house and check on things, but we think it might still be fairly muddy. And our town schedule of activities is ongoing just now. I’m really rather anxious to go.

I forgot to mention our new blog format for which we thank Hallie. We like the fresh spring look. We don’t have any spring pictures of the farm – something I hope to correct this year.

4 comments:

Hallie said...

That's a beautiful photo with the blue sky behind the blossoms! You're becoming an artist in your photography. :) Perhaps I should snag that for the side bar.

Kathy said...

I had the same thought about using that photo for a sidebar. However, I think it could be improved upon -- I caught the eaves of the house in the shot. The tree is just coming into bloom, so I'll give it another try. XO

Anonymous said...

very nice! We're getting started on the yard as well. We now have four new blueberry bushes. We love blueberries, but their so expensive. I'm quite excited about growing my own. The boys helped with the planting. - mvw

Kathy said...

I like blueberries, too. I don't know if I could grow them on the farm. Last year I read about workshops in Orofino to show interested parties how to grow huckleberries. I like h-berries as well or better than b-berries. My dad used to freeze them then run them thru a meatgrinder with sugar and serve on ice cream. This year I'm looking for montmorency pie cherry trees, gooseberries, & currants. KW