Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Unfortunately, I don't have any electronic photos of myself or the brothers as wee little cute things to post on this day as a tribute to Mom. I went searching for a photo of an animal baby, and look what I found! :)

Although I can't be with Mom today and probably won't get to talk to her due to poor cell service, I will do many things with thanks to her. I will make my bed with special corners the way Mom showed me. I'll slow cook a pot roast just the way Mom does. I'll wear the apron she sewed for me. I'll fold up the afghan on my lap that I made because she taught me how to crochet. When this day is through, I might just catch a movie that makes me weep a little (whether happy or sad) because sometimes Mom weeps a little at movies, and after all, I AM a bit like my mother. :)

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!! We three baby animals love you very much!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Thank you, Hallie, for this delightful Mother's Day post. I was truly surprised. I thought I was just signing in to make a few comments. Is that "devil baby" a parody of a Muppet? I was reminded of the photo of the three of you taken at Three Devils when we were on our way to Challis in '85. How nice to acknowledge what you learned from your mother as you go about your day. We can all do that. Much love, Mom (P.S. Just so you know, plans changed -- back to town this evening.)

Hallie said...

He's no devil! He's the Muppet named Animal. Remember? He says, "ANI-MAAAAL!!!" So yeah, that's the little baby version of him. Here's a fun video from the Muppet show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yvHWyvexZA

Kathy said...

I don't remember Animal. I remember Elmo, though, and the Cookie Monster. And Bert & Ernie -- "Here Fishy Fishy Fishy!" I'm going to watch the video in town. This system is very s-l-o-w. Remember when The Muppet Show was Clint's favorite? I would even let him eat his supper in front of tv so that he could watch it. XO

murray.warnock said...

Happy Mother's Day, Kathy! We're thinking of you.

Love,
Murray, Barbara and Doug

Anonymous said...

I cry at movies somethimes: no one in there right mind should ever under any circumstances watch Million Dollar Baby. Unless that is you like feeling really horrable.
I hope to grow very old and become one of the heckelers from the mupet show. Those guys were ausome! - mvw