Saturday, May 31, 2008

HELLO FROM THE HOMESTEAD

Hello from the Homestead! We drove here this morning fascinated by the high water of the Clearwater River. There were a few boats. I'm sure they were fisherman but Mike suggested they were hunting bodies. There was one unfortunate apparent drowning earlier in the week.

Nellie is with us, of course, and also Duke, who is just elated to be here after his weeks of confinement. He chases around the yard and rolls in the grass. His people will be back on Tuesday, the day we go back to town. So -- good news for Duke! -- he will go home instead of to "the place."

Interestingly, it's very wet here, so this area has had rain -- and quite a lot. The strawberries planted two weeks ago look great and so do other plantings. I'm always pleased if the critters don't eat my stuff. It's too wet to mow right now, so Mike has gone off to cut down a tree -- one that is a good candidate for firewood. It's also pretty wet under the clothesline, but maybe I'll wash anyway. The Yellowstone trip is mostly on hold until I get back to town. I hope you're enjoying those posts for their historic value. Future posts are interesting.

No comments: