Wednesday, May 28, 2008

REAL TIME UPDATE


Mike continues to attend NAIA baseball games -- three yesterday and two today. LCSC lost last night, which was certainly a disappointment for the locals; however, they won this afternoon. He rides his motorcycle to and from Warrior Field. His shoulder seems to be improving steadily.

I've stayed close to home. I'm making two scrap afghans to use up yarn on hand, but you know how it goes -- I expect I'll come out of those projects with even more yarn on hand. One is a big granny square in bright colors; the other is medallions trimmed in off-white. Yesterday was a big phone day for me: I talked to Hallie, Milo, Joni, and Harriet.

Milo said that T., their daughter, has double pneumonia and will not be attending the last week and a half of school. She is convalescing at home on medication. She will have to make arrangements to take her finals during the summer months. He says she can only watch t.v. and "text." Milo also provided that T. will graduate from Borah High School June 3, 2009. Milo says he's considering the possibility of making a bicycle into a mo-ped.

The dates have been finalized for Jack's visit -- July 7 - 13. Mike has been waiting Jack's lifetime (10 years) for this visit. We would love to spend more time with the grandkids.

Mike and I were walking Nellie recently -- our usual neighborhood route which takes us on a "non-road" through a grassy hillside. Suddenly an unmistakable rattle at my feet sent me flying in the opposite direction. Yes, it was a rattlesnake -- probably 18 inches long. It coiled and stayed coiled, holding its ground. A friend once told me that he couldn't believe that anyone would want to live in this area because of the snakes, but that's the first one I've seen here. I'll be watching now!

Mike saw two muledeer in our street one morning this week. The deer have been enjoying the petunias that Mary Jane planted in her yard.
[Top photo: the "non-road." I met the rattlesnake toward the top. Bottom: this afternoon's view from the top of "non-road." KW

1 comment:

Hallie said...

I saw a snake today! It was not a rattler and it appeared to be dead. I thought it might be a rubber snake but Nick poked it with a stick to confirm that it was real.