Saturday, May 3, 2008

SHOULDER REPORT -- DAY 3

We had a rough night. Mike discovered what it means not to be able to lie down comfortably. Pain set in. We were both “up” at 5:00 a.m. He was then able to get comfortable on the sofa where he slept several hours. Much thought has been devoted to the proper function of the organs. After research, I set out for Albertson’s at 7:30 a.m. for fiber-rich foods – not that we don’t practice that sort of diet anyway. This afternoon Mike felt well enough to make a batch of oat bran muffins. I made date nut bread.

We had tentatively planned to attend the wedding of a friend in Coeur d’Alene this afternoon but decided against it. We took several neighborhood walks with Nellie. and I don’t think our hearts were really in that. It was just a quiet day here at home.

Bottlecaps found: 2

2 comments:

murray.warnock said...

Dad, I hope you are feeling more comfortable now. By the way, I suggest prune juice.

Kathy said...

Yes, I bought him prune juice, applesauce, unprocessed wheat bran, broccoli, etc. I guess we'll eventually use that stuff. Yes, I think he's comfortable and feeling fairly well -- just bored. KW