Monday, June 9, 2008

MAKING TECHNOLOGICAL PROGRESS

Hello from the homestead! And hello from my new laptop. It took Mike 90 minutes to install the wireless router on the old computer we use here. Then he hit the "Easy Button." I was able to connect immediately -- so I must be getting better at finding my way around the system. Nevertheless, it seems strange to have such technology in this old place. I'm sitting at the diningroom table, just feet from where the old crank phone sat on the wall.

I can surely understand why some of my friends and family have become disenchanted with hunting for this blogspot. There's a fine line between being open to everyone and being open to no one. I thought for a while that I wasn't going to find it myself! Then it said I needed to enable cookies and Java Script. But when I couldn't figure out how to do that, it took pity on me and let me log in anyway.

Anyway, here we are. It was raining in Lewiston when we left. The road seemed dry here but the ground is wet. It was 52 when we pulled in at 10:15 but it's 64 now. Mike is sitting in front of the fire reading Aunt Ethel's history of the Gilbert country.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't ever have trouble finding your site--I just pull it out of my address line history at the top of my homepage and poof--there you are! Hey--school is out!! Expect to hear from me soon. :-)

Hallie said...

Hey--Auntie Chris is back!

What will you do with your free summer? The thrill of a whole summer off is enough for me to consider a career in education. Dan probably has to work though, huh?

It's rainy and gloomy in Seattle...I don't know when spring will get here let alone summer. ACK! SO depressed.

Kathy said...

Good to hear from Chris again! I have been wondering if school was out for you. I'm glad you fixed it so that you can get to the mwhomestead without difficulty. Yes, it's a chilly spring but the strawberries, rhubarb, currants and crops all look good. We haven't watered in Clarkston either. We decided to test our drought-tolerant gardens and see just how tolerant they are.

debdog42 said...

Kathy,
you should have called me. I can tell you how to enable cookies and your javascript!

Kathy said...

The Java script and the cookies seemed to take care of themselves. I've been humming right along here, although the set-up could be better. Today I even downloaded photos from the camera to my laptop. Gotta learn Notepad, though. KW