Monday, August 25, 2008

HALLIE & NICK VISIT THE HOMESTEAD


Hallie and Nick arrived Saturday morning and spent the weekend here at the homestead. It was wonderful having them here. They played croquet with Mike in the front yard and we even managed a quick game of Scrabble last night.

We did some other things as well. Hallie customized my laptop for me and it's great. I peeled a box of pears for the dehydrator. The dried pears have been a hit. I'll probably dry several boxes of pears this year.

Sunday afternoon Hallie and Nick met Clinton and Elisha in Orofino and they spent several hours floating on the Clearwater. Then they all came here for dinner -- grilled chicken, corn-on-the-cob, watermelon, and zucchini cake.

Hallie and Nick left today at noon. As if on cue, the sun began to wane as the sky darkened. The wind is blowing and the temperature has dropped. But "Kathy's new improved vintage sewing room" beckons. Life is good. KW

2 comments:

murray.warnock said...

Jackson raved about your dried pears when we were in Utah. We bought some for the backpacking trip, but he said yours are much better!

Hallie said...

I've been enjoying my small stock of Mom's famous dried pears. However, I believe the saying should go, "Pears, pears, the musical fruit, the more you eat..."