Tuesday, August 5, 2008

NIKON PHOTOS -- UNCENSORED & UNCROPPED

We made a quick trip to Clarkston on Sunday to check on things in town, get groceries, pick zucchini, etc. It was a busy time for both of us but we were fairly well organized. We spent the night there and came back to the farm yesterday (Monday). We waited for the UPS man to bring the camera. He did not disappoint. He was there by 10:00.

We were nervous about some things here at the farm and were anxious to get back. On Friday the water tank started leaking at the gauge. Mike made a few phone calls and then we drained the tank and he made repairs. Sounds simple, doesn’t it? But we had to do it twice and then we weren’t sure it was fixed. The bucket is dry this morning, so that's a good sign. (And Mike was going to call a plumber!)

Another concern was the horses who have invaded our territory, and yes, when we drove in, there they were at the pond. Mike decided to “encourage” them to go home, so he and Nellie followed them – five horses and two mules – to the edge of the canyon. The fence is in bad shape and Mike tried to make minor repairs. I’m not sure it was successful. I think I see fresh sign out there in the yard. He also reached the owner by phone. He claims he’s doing all he can, and we just don’t see it that way.

The photos on this post I took with the Nikon CoolPix P60 during our walk yesterday afternoon. I wish I could share all 32 of the photos with you, but you probably wouldn't be as excited as I am. I take a lot of photos these days. I call them my "country living" photographs. I see things differently than I used to. Instead of seeing the same field every day, I see it for how it's different -- the stage of the crop, the play of sun and shadow, etc. There's always something new.





This photo of Cow 435 is not great but I like it anyway. She stood up as if to ask me what I was doing.

1 comment:

Hallie said...

Seems like a nice camera! I like number 435...she looks like a good cow. So Dad just walked the animals home? Did he have to lasso them?