Wednesday, December 31, 2008

GET ORGANIZED!

. . . or so the January magazine covers suggest. And that means it's time for me to make my New Year's resolutions. My resolutions are more like plans than goals. After all, I don't want to get into anything that isn't fun!

The first thing I need for this yearly organizational project is a weekly planner, which I use as a sort of diary. My favorite planner for the last four or five years was "Nature's Sketchbook" by Marjolein Bastin published by Hallmark. Last year as I bought the 2008 edition, the Hallmark associate advised me that Hallmark was cutting back on the Marjolein Bastin line. I was disappointed to hear it. The "Nature's Sketchbook" planner was full of lovely sketches and musings and I considered it great value for the money. (I don't always think that of Hallmark goods these days.) But, searching online, I ordered a 2009 Marjolein Bastin "Nature's Journal" published by The Lane Companies. More expensive than its Hallmark counterpart, the Lane edition lacks the volume of sketches and comes with no musings – so I guess it will be up to me to provide my own inspiration.

"I had no idea you were so organized," said Mike. Well, I always try, and it helps me to get busy and avoid the blues in the New Year, but if past years indicate a pattern, I'll lose focus in the spring. Still, I think it's good to take stock – you know, sort of think about what I accomplished over the year just past and what I want to do in 2009. And you're probably glad to hear that I keep my plans to myself. I will say, though, that these winter months will find me planning a spring produce garden -- both here and at the farm.

[The photo was taken of Clinton and Nellie yesterday.] KW

4 comments:

debdog42 said...

Nellie looks happy!

Hallie said...

That's about the funniest dog picture I've ever seen!

debdog42 said...

She is for sure a silly dog! HA-HA!

Kathy said...

Nellie was so excited to see Clinton. I was prompted to take the picture when she started licking his face, which he just tolerated. However, by the time I got the camera ready, she was moving on to other antics. KW