Friday, January 16, 2009

BACK TO BUSINESS

The shipping box from HP was delivered Wednesday. I immediately packed the laptop and Mike delivered it to FedEx for me yesterday (Thursday). Today I have confirmation that it was received at the HP work center. Projected return: January 26. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

Mike received a call from the manager of CashTyme yesterday evening. She wanted him to know the staff had been barraged with calls in anticipation of the opening of TaxTyme this morning. She said one woman planned to arrive at 7:00 a.m. and sit in the lot until they opened. So, Mike left the house at 7:00 and I haven't heard from him. Ken took Nellie hunting; she was so happy to see him!

And I -- I ran errands and went shopping in down town Clarkston. Lee Morris is closing after 90 years in business. It's amazing to me they held on this long. I never find anything there and today was no exception. I'm afraid when it comes to clothes, I'm among those expecting exceptional deals or I'm not interested. Boyer's Furniture is also closing. And those living out of the area may not know that Cliff Wasem and his wife were killed in a tragic car accident about two weeks ago. So the face of downtown Clarkston is undergoing some change.

Mike and I went to see Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino the other night. It was a good story and worth seeing -- at least once. I could re-write it more realistically and it would end much sooner. That's what I think! KW

No comments: