Tuesday, January 27, 2009

POOR OL' DUKE

Duke stopped by this noon on his way to the vet to have his "bell" and stocking cap removed. The cap was necessary to keep him from flapping his ears and opening his wound. The bell was to keep him from bumping into things. Seems like overkill to me. Ken said Duke has been feeling sorry for himself. But -- it's all over now.

Another cold snap has me bundling up when I go to bed. Of course, we have an electric blanket but I use it just to warm the bed. So I'm wearing soft socks on my feet and practicing another technique I actually learned from little girl Hallie. Once covered, she positioned her baby afghan and blanket across her neck. So, I've been using the red shawl I made for Ina across my neck and shoulders. Mike says that prevents me from holding the covers tightly to my chin and then snoring. (Now, if we could just discover what would keep him from snoring . . . ) KW

3 comments:

debdog42 said...

That poor doggie! What exactly did he do to his ear?

Hallie said...

That is about the funniest thing! He looks like a turtle or some other ear-less critter.

Kathy said...

They aren't sure what happened to Duke's ear. He had been playing fetch with his master in his own yard and afterward they noticed profuse bleeding from a small wound on his ear. When they couldn't stop the bleeding they took him to the vet who "super glued" it and dressed him as shown.