Friday, March 6, 2009

MARCH – AND STILL WINTER


Last week we had some beautiful weather – almost warm. Mike and I talked about tilling the garden. I bought seeds. We'll try harder to have a vegetable garden this year. But this week we have a return of cold temps. The sun brought us into the low 40s today and lows overnight are expected in the 20s. Still, more crocus are blooming, the South Slope Nursery down the street from us is open, and don't forget to turn your clock back Sunday morning.

I was talking with a friend on the phone this morning. "Can you see the Lewiston Hill where you are?" she asked. "It's just beautiful with snow halfway down."No, I can't quite see the Lewiston Hill from my house, but I can see it when I take Nellie for her walk up South Slope. So, curious to see the beautiful site, after lunch I took Nellie and the camera and set out for higher ground. The photo to the left shows the Lewiston Hill dusted with snow.


This photo looks east over the Quail Ridge Golf Course to the Waha area. As you can see, it's not snowy in our immediate neighborhood.

And here's a picture of the Vintage Collection afghan in progress. Just two more rows to attach, the edging, and a lot of weaving loose ends. KW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the afghan!

Cold up here--12 right now; it was 8 when I got to school this morning and we got about 3 new inches of snow yesterday and last night.

Kathy said...

This is a scrap afghan. I paired three shades of the purple family, three of the orange family, two of yellow, three of green -- all yarn that I had on hand. When I finish this afghan, I have another -- a bright square -- to use more yarn. Then I want to make an afghan using a pattern I found in an old magazine of Mother's from the '40s. I haven't decided what yarn to use -- something mothproof, though. Stay warm!