Friday, September 11, 2009

HOORAY FOR NELLIE!!!


This is Nellie's sixth birthday. She woke up happy and frisky and enjoyed her day. We came back to the farm this morning, and after lunch she caught a mouse in the yard. Hooray for Nellie!

Here's a picture of Nellie and Duke lying in the grove last week. Duke rather likes Nellie, but Nellie doesn't have much tolerance for Duke, so when I saw them side by side in the yard, it seemed like a perfect moment. "I'd like to get a picture of them," I told Mike, "but I'm afraid if I go out the back door they'll move."

"Go out the front door then and use the telephoto lens," Mike advised. So, I crept out the front door and got the picture from the porch. Since I had that picture, I opened the back door and took another. Since that worked, I crept closer to them, and they let me take another. My regret is that I didn't try to get a lot closer.

Here's another photo of Nellie that I took this evening as she watched for Mike to come back from his bike ride. KW

5 comments:

debdog42 said...

Are they from the same litter? They sure do look alike!

Kathy said...

Both Nellie and Duke are purebred white German Shorthair dogs, but they aren't litter mates or even out of the same line. They are both friendly and personable. Duke's fur is much softer and finer than Nellie's.

Hallie said...

Nellie really does have that, "Mom, he's sitting by me again..." look.

debdog42 said...

Okay is it Nellie on the left? They look so much alike and not knowing Nellie that well I can't tell.

Hallie said...

Yeah, Nellie has the white on her muzzle and is a bit smaller than Duke. They do look a lot alike.