Sunday, December 13, 2009

A NICE SURPRISE FOR NELLIE

"I'm not going to tell Nellie you're coming," I told Hallie. "Let's surprise her."

So, when Hallie drove up to the town house this afternoon, I called Nellie to the door so she could see her surprise. She recognized Hallie immediately and dashed out to greet her as soon as I opened the door.





And, of course, after the initial greeting, the question always arises, "What did you bring me?" And Hallie did not disappoint, presenting Nellie with a nice, crisp rawhide chewie. Nellie enjoyed possession of the chewie which she took to her pillow and devoured.



Hallie was just finishing her last semester at the University of Idaho when Nellie came to live with us. Hallie and Nellie bonded over just those few weeks prior to Hallie's graduation. Nellie has never forgotten; neither has Hallie.



Hallie will stay with us for a couple of days while meeting with a client here in the valley. We have already done some Christmas shopping and played a game of Scrabble.

We have an inch or so of snow. It's colder this evening than the predicted 29; it's 22.

3 comments:

Hallie said...

I love the Nellie dog!

chrismiller said...

Love the pictures!! And I know it's so fun for you two to have some pre-Christmas time together! (And by two, I mean Kathy and Hallie, although I can see Nellie is enjoying the visit, too. :-)

Thanks, too, Hallie, for your comment on my blog. I think I may be becoming addicted!

debdog42 said...

That is one cute girl and Hallie isn't half bad either! HAHAHAAAAA! I love how Nellie's footprints go straight to the car, no going off and sniffing something else on the way to say hello!