Monday, June 28, 2010

PAMMY


Little Emerson (granddaughter) turns two soon, and I'm accomplishing one of my goals -- to make her a doll for her second birthday. As I worked away on this rather other-worldly creature, I began to call her Pammy. Emerson may name her whatever she wishes, but to me she's Pammy. I used Butterick pattern 4090 to make this simple "baby's first doll." The instructions called for her face to be drawn on with permanent markers, but I just couldn't accept that "quick and dirty" method. Still, I'm not good with faces, so I copied the face my mother put on my doll Mopsy and embroidered the details. So much better! So, Pammy is finished now but she needs a few clothes -- simple shirts and diapers with velcro closures that little hands can manage.

IT'S ME
AND THE DOG

Mike is home from his tour of western Oregon. There were no mishaps involving life, limb or motorcycle, but there was a mishap. I know he wants to tell about it, so keep watch for his travel updates.

Mike was tired when he arrived home, but Nellie and I were tired, too. Nellie was not happy that Mike went off and left us again. She isn't sure which of us is the leader of the pack when Mike is gone, and I think she worries that it might be she. I've always said that in Nellie's mind I fall behind her in the pack order. Anyway, we took our walks and I put food in her pan, but she ate less than usual, stayed outside during the day and was restless at night. Today she invited herself into the house and slept on her pillow for hours. KW

4 comments:

Hallie said...

Pretty cute doll!

Chris said...

She *is* cute! Once she's got some clothes, she'll be irresistible. Oh how I love to make doll clothes!! Can't wait to see what you make. I love the idea of diapers which fasten with velcro.

DrJulieAnn said...

Pammy is a cutie-pie. And, I'm glad you embroidered the face (my own bias against "quick and dirty" this week).

Blehnner said...

She's great! Those ears are irresistable, does Emerson have earings? Maybe you can embroider some earings on those. I know my 2year old is into "bling". Can't wait to see her dressed up!