Thursday, April 7, 2011

UP AND BACK

Yesterday we made a quick trip to the farm because we had appointments in Orofino. And of course, there were a few geocaches on the way back which at least took me to some different photo sites.

The snow is gone now at Gilbert but the abundant rainfall has contributed to standing water. The weather was miserable as we drove in -- rain/snow at 38 degrees -- and it was sleeting as we drove out.  We stayed less than two hours.

The house looked as though folks had left hastily after Christmas -- a Christmas stocking here, a basket of holiday wrapping paper there, a stray ornament on the library table, boxed bubble lights on the piano bench, cans for recycling on the floor in the den, and (heaven forbid!) dirty dishes in the dishwasher to which I added a few more -- still unwashed. I visited my craft closet and the attic looking for sport-weight or fine yarns -- doll clothes making, remember? -- and my search was rewarded. Our main accomplishment was to clean the empty refrigerator and turn it on. I then stocked it with condiments, jellies and such, which have been stored in our garage in town. Assuming the weather will get warmer soon, I was glad to restore those things to a refrigerator.

The short stay and inclement weather made picture-taking difficult, but I managed a few. In photos above you can see the daffodils under the pine trees have yet to bloom, and a photo of the pond that shows it full to overflowing.


These photos were taken from the fork of Upper and Lower Ford's Creek Road (Orofino) across the Clearwater River to Highway 12. Although this is a location just outside of Orofino, I would never come here -- let alone stop here -- if it weren't for geocaching. You can see that the Clearwater is high and swift.



This picture I took at the pull-out at Cherry Lane on Highway 12 on the way back to Clarkston. Again, you can see that the river is high. KW

1 comment:

Hallie said...

Every season at the farm is beautiful!