Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A PATIENT PATIENT

Nellie patiently waits as Mike bandages her forearm so that she can go hunting. Mike and Ken went out on short hunts both yesterday and today.
 And while they were out, I started making Christmas gifts on my embroidery machine. Pillowcases seem a natural.
Just because a machine does the work doesn't mean the operator can walk away. The machine has to be supervised for thread changes or any untoward thing that can happen, but while the machine was running I was able to clean this nearby hutch and set out my Pilgrim couple.I almost didn't since it's so close to Thanksgiving, but I will enjoy seeing them for a few days.
Nellie is resting comfortably on her big fluffy pillow. She is energetic, though, and willing to go with me for the evening walk. Mike said that she is doing really well in the field.

10 comments:

Leah said...

Going to "work" may be the best medicine for Nellie. Everyone wants to feel needed and when Nellie is out hunting with Mike, I'm sure she is happy.

Be sure to show us the finished embroidered pillowcases. Guess you can't do that before Christmas, so take photos now and show us after the holidays.

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Now why did I not think of that - using the E-machine for pillowcases. Sometimes I wonder about me, LOL.
Great idea Kathy; thanks for letting us know & looking forward to seeing the result.

Kathy said...

Okay -- I'll show the pillowcase(s) soon. I'm not afraid of spoiling surprises.

Hallie said...

That Nellie dog sure is sweet! She likes being taken care of--very good of Dad to nurture. :)

I think it's nice that you got the Pilgrims out. I've been thinking that I should infuse a bit more spirit into my home. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Kathy said...

I just remarked this evening that I wondered if I would ever hear from my daughter again. Mike said I would.

Some of our online friends encourage seasonal decorations for the home. As you know, it's not so much my thing, but I'm getting better. Just wait till we get to the December posts with simple ideas from the '50s.

Hallie said...

One more work week and I'll probably be calling you daily! :)

Leah said...

Hallie: Does that mean that Mom is your cooking guru?

Hallie said...

Mom IS my cooking guru, but what it really means is that I've quit my job and will have December off before I start my new job after New Years. I'm always very busy at work this time of year and wrapping things upnto leave has been consuming.

Hallie said...

P.S. IPad causes typos. :(

Chris said...

Hallie--how exciting to have a new job coming up and to have December off! The perfect month! Or maybe second to getting August off? :-)

Happy Thanksgiving!