Saturday, November 3, 2012

FRIGHT NIGHT AND OTHER "MILE HIGH" PHOTOS



Emmy ready for school on Monday. She attends Mon-Wed-Friday mornings.

Tuesday afternoon, Grandpa Mike and Emmy carved her pumpkin. 










Good Witch Emerson at the Boy Scout Halloween Party Tuesday night. She was uncomfortable, especially in the wig, but she bravely wore the costume anyway. She even joined in the costume parade for the judges all by herself. But Wednesday morning she went to the school costume party as Cinderella.

And here are the Mile High Warnocks, plus Grandpa Mike, prior to "Fright Night" festivities. From left, Jackson, Emerson (once again the witch), Mike, Annie, Yancey, and Kelly.
Kelly does a great job of creating Halloween ambiance. Here are pictures of interior and exterior decorations. It's a great Halloween destination. 
Halloween supper turned into quite an event. Yancey and Kelly served chili, tamales, guacamole and chips to about twenty. Kelly said she had anticipated six for supper, but they made it work. Very generous people. After trick-or-treat, Kelly's sister created "witch's brew" in Emerson's honor.

And here's Emerson's haul. Family members who grew up trick-or-treating with Mike will appreciate that Emmy searched her stash and found the most unappealing piece of candy for Mike. 

Some folks left the candy on the porch and asked the kids to help themselves. Something to be said for it, though at one house the treats were missing, container and all. KW

6 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, the whole group was impressive! And I can't believe how big Jack and Annie are now! Time is passing so quickly; I know how old Emmy is because you keep me up to date, but part of me thinks she was just born a year or so ago.

I'm dying to know the whole story on Emmy's choice of candy for Mike and the past history alluded to.

Looks like a good time was had by all. :-)

Kathy said...

I know what you mean about the passage of time. Jack is 14 and Annie will be 17 this month.

The candy story: Well, you know, some candy is more desirable than others, and Mike likes the good stuff, too, which was not lost on the children, who felt that dad ate way too much of their good stuff. When Mike asked Emmy for a piece of her candy, she searched through and came up with something in a packet. Upon examining it at home, we saw that it was Valentine's Day candy, rather shabby in appearance and Emmy tried to hand it off to Grandpa Mike because she didn't want it.

Plenty of the good stuff was on hand at the house for anyone who desired, though.

Hallie said...

Yeah, Dad would steal Snickers, Reeces, Butterfingers...I had a hollow ceramic owl that sat on my dresser, so I'd stuff the owl with good candy to keep it safe from Dad's lunchtime raid while we were at school.

Kathy said...

It was years before I realized Hallie was frustrated about sharing with her dad. As a child, when I came home with trick-or-treat candy, my mother took possession of it, dumped it in the treat bowl, and began to hand it out. She didn't want me to eat all that candy, and she didn't want it around after Halloween. If any was left after Halloween, I had to ask permission to eat a piece of it.

BTW, if I had any homemade goodies -- such as cookies or popcorn balls -- I had to be able to tell Mother where I got it or she would throw it away. My Boston friend Marcia (who was from Denver) said that her mother did the same thing.

Hallie said...

Well, I could have had a stronger spirit of sharing, but I just didn't think that way about my hard won free candy. I would share my candy with Dad now. :)

Kathy said...

You would let your dad have most of it now -- after Nick, of course.