Monday, May 27, 2013

PICTORIAL REVIEW OF MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

 Friday, May 24
The distant storm


Mike tries out his new Homelite chain saw. It's heavier and not as handy to use as he had hoped.

Interesting cloud formations to the north.


Friday night Mike took this picture of the moon.
Saturday we went over to the Gilbert Cemetery. I make only one live bouquet which I place on my dad's grave. The rest are artificial from the dollar store. Every year I add a few more flowers. Next week I'll go back to the cemetery and gather them up. Some folks like to leave them, but frankly I think the caretaker prefers we pick them up.





I took this picture because of the snow on the distant mountains. KW

3 comments:

Hallie said...

Nellie is so sweet to pay her respects.

Kathy said...

I took several pictures but thought them lacking -- except for this one with Nellie in it.

Chris said...

You get some great views of the sky when storms roll in. Amazing, isn't it? I love storms (that's because I live here instead of Oklahoma!).