Monday, November 6, 2017

IT'S COLD



"Thanksgiving at Grandmother's House," by Dept. 56 with mini leaf lights
It won’t be winter for some weeks, yet true to form, it’s cold in our world. I’m now going out in my winter coat and gloves. Tough to believe that afternoons were warm just a couple of weeks ago. Today our high was barely into the 40s.

And the holidays are also weeks away but coming closer all the time. I find myself a little stressed from time to time with plans for the advent story on this blog (and other preparations and events). I hope the muse hangs in with me. It’s scary to write a story.

And of course, we’re in the midst of adjusting to standard time again. “Seems like it should be later,” I commented to Mike. And when I went to bed at 9:30, unable to keep my eyes open any longer, he commented that it was early. “No, it’s late!” I corrected. (9:30 is 10:30 on DST.)

But – there’s no fooling the dogs with this clock-changing foolishness. They know when it’s time for the walk. They can tell by the sun, or something. But now they have to wait because we don’t go for the walk until after the school bus goes by. They’ll get used to it – and so will we. KW

1 comment:

Chris said...

It's cold here, too, and the little bit of snow we got over the weekend still shows in the grass. The time change makes me crazy. Why?!? Just change it by half and hour and be done with it.