Sunday, November 12, 2017

LIGHTED BOAT PARADE




From the Clarkston side of the Southway Bridge, looking toward Lewiston
 “Darkness sneaks up this time of year,” Mike commented as he came in late from an afternoon bicycle ride. He’d had a flat tire and other challenges, but he was home safe and sound as daylight was waning. Two of my children complain that the early evening darkness affects their mood. I’ve never minded. In fact, I find it comforting to begin the evening routine early.



For some reason the “Lighted Boat Parade” on the Snake River between Lewiston and Clarkston, what used to be a December event, was held last night – Saturday, Nov. 11 (Veterans’ Day). Frankly, I could have passed, but Mike thought we ought to go, so we did. There were four boats. Do four boats make a parade?  I appreciate the efforts of those who participated, but it just felt too early -- too early in the evening and too early in the year. KW

[I was disappointed in the pictures. They are what they are.]

2 comments:

Chuck said...

It was a nice touch of patriotism on the one boat. I thought they did a good job of celebrating Veterans Day, as well as a little Christmas mixed in.

Kathy said...

Hi Chuck!
And that's what they meant to do -- celebrate veterans with a touch of Christmas, a sort of pre-holiday send-off.