Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A FEW WINTER FINISHES

I have just a few finishes to show for a winter that seemed rather long.








It was hard for me to decide if this Christmas throw (pattern from the Red Heart yarn website) is really finished. Another repeat of the pattern wouldn't hurt, but I'd rather crochet doll clothes. I'll see. 




The other day I sent this crocheted sweater, two skirts, and some accessories to Hazel. It's time to think about summer outfits for the dolls now. I don't remember that as a girl I was concerned about whether my dolls had seasonal clothing, but today it seems to matter.





The woodpile between house and garage is depleted now and Mike has cleaned the area. He hoped that pile would last through January and we managed to make it through February. Don't worry, though. We have plenty of wood behind the shed. He plans to work out of the wheelbarrow for the rest of the season. We will still need evening fires for a while yet.


Yesterday I presided at my last meeting as president of my P.E.O. chapter. I have served four terms as president in ten years, and I will not serve as an officer this next year. I feel greatly relieved. I arrived home from the meeting costumed for St. Patrick's Day and carrying a lovely gift from the chapter, so Mike insisted on taking my picture. Nellie posed beside me. KW





2 comments:

Chuck said...

Hooray!! Free at last. I don't think you will have any trouble filling in the spaces taken by the presidency. Will you still attend meetings?

Kathy said...

Yes, I plan to be an active member and help wherever I can, but I'm glad to be free of responsibilities, such as writing reports, attending conventions and workshops, etc. It's time to give other activities some priority. There should be rotation in office, but so often it doesn't happen.