Friday, June 8, 2018

THE GREAT FLOOD OF ’18, PART 7 -- WORSER AND WORSER


Wheat fields -- Little Canyon in the distance
The adjuster called this morning to say that the farmhouse sustained greater damage than initially projected. The field adjuster will meet with Big Mike at the house soon in order to prepare a new estimate. (I’m not even going to tell you the estimated estimate.)

Then Big Mike called, and I passed the phone to Mike. In addition to more water damage, they found old water damage under the refrigerator, including dry rot, which must be corrected but won't be covered by insurance. (That's the least of our problems.) It will be at least July before they can begin to put the house back together.

Off to the north from the grove
A lady at yoga class this morning lamented that the pipe under her kitchen sink had sprung a leak, forcing them to update the kitchen now rather than next year, as they had planned. “Well, let me tell you about our water damage,” I said. I’m sure that as we parted, she was grateful to have her problem instead of mine. KW





1 comment:

Chuck said...

Oh No!! It seems that it never rains, but it pours (literally). I'm so sorry the damage extends further. Let me know when they no longer have any "worser" news. Send some pictures, if you have any.