Monday, August 20, 2007

ANOTHER BITE OUT OF THE ELEPHANT

As predicted, today dawned cloudy and drizzly. That situation along with yesterday being pretty much a play day prompted me to get down to business. So I tackled the section of the barn with the big north facing door that houses all the scrap lumber and building materials. I hauled a 4 wheeler trailer load of the smaller width boards I didn’t want to the woodshed and cut them up with the chain saw. I’m going to try to burn a lot of boards this winter.

I rebuilt the lumber rack which had fallen down and stacked the boards I wanted to keep on it. I sorted through the old doors and kept a few of the better ones. I left most of the old windows for another day as well as the metal items which I will take to Pacific Recycling in Lewiston. The fun part was cleaning out the old straw, dirt and animal droppings. It doesn’t sound like much but I filled the Power Wagon including the ladder rack.

3 comments:

Hallie said...

What has Mom been up to while you've been partaking in all these shenanigans?

Kathy said...

Cleaning the kitchen counters. XO

Anonymous said...

Mike do not rid of those old windows before talking to me first! I have a wonderful idea i learned many years ago that will turn those windows into awesome yard art or deck fun

Rhonda
Cashtyme