Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Guest Blog: Hallie's Condo Addition


I live in a SMALL place. Therefore, I LOVE storage solutions! I'm so excited about the newest addition to my place that I want everyone to see it! This is a shoe holder that is only about 5 or 6 inches deep, mounts to the wall, and holds up to 12 pairs of shoes. I was able to obtain the same finish as the cupboards and doors in my little condo. My boyfriend, Nick, helped with the install (he practically did it all, actually). When you purchase this unit at IKEA it comes with matching wooden knobs. Nick went to Home Depot and got brushed nickel knobs that match everything else in the condo. It really dresses it up! I lucked out and the unit is the PERFECT width for the space right inside my entry. It looks custom built!



Here's a close-up of how the drawers pull out for shoe storage:


Thank you, Niko! Next up, bathroom cabinets!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Great Hallie! I think it's wonderful that you are customizing your home. Thanks for the pictures but I'm not sure of the placement location. So, as I enter your condo from the hall, is it straight ahead? XO

M/W said...

Great shoe storage unit! I think I could use one of those - just need to figure where to put it.

Hallie said...

Yes, the door that you see in the first photo is the front entry, so you walk in and it's right in front of you. If you click the photo to make it bigger, you can see my couch at the end of the hall and the wardrobe closets. A picture does not do justice to how awesome this is!

Nick had a good idea that I get some pull-out shelves for my pantry cupboards. They're deep cupboards but it's difficult to reach anything in the back. The next person to own my place is going to be on easy street!

Kathy said...

Okay -- I understand where it is. I would like pull-out trays in my pantry cupboard on the farm. I can't find anything if it's not in the front row. It's rather critical to be able to find provisions there. I'm just not sure the ready-made variety will be the right size to fit. KW