Friday, November 9, 2007

DODGE MAGNUM


Here it is – a picture of our 2006 Dodge Magnum. We picked it up on Thursday. It took another hour – waiting and paperwork. (Town time involves a lot of waiting.)

Our first stop in the new car was Rosauer’s, where their 13-hour bake sale was in progress. As we approached the parking lot, I explained to Mike that this sale was a big deal. We parked at the back of the lot – not just because it seemed prudent with our "new" car but because that was the available parking. I don’t do much holiday baking any more and this sale is really not the last opportunity to buy at savings, but it is a sale that I enjoy taking in. Mike struck up a conversation with a manager who said the bake sale is one of their biggest of the year.

Then we drove the Magnum home, put it in the garage, loaded the Dakota, and came to the farm. We had to use the pick-up because we brought the handrail for the stairwell – too long for the Magnum The house was a bit chilly but really not uncomfortable. It hasn’t been cold or damp enough to really impact comfort level. The pond is still really low.

5 comments:

Hallie said...

Pretty sweet! Did you say it was a manual or automatic?

Kathy said...

Thanks! It's an automatic. Mike has loved the look of this car since they came out. I wasn't sure he realized it's a station wagon, but then he mentioned it himself. I think we are really going to enjoy the comfort and spaciousness of this car, and I hope those who happen to travel with us also like it. XO

Unknown said...

Two words... RACING STRIPES!!!

Kathy said...

So, Nick, you think it looks a little plain? I hadn't thought about customizing it. Mike did customize his Dakota. He also suggested customizing the Subaru with checkered flags, but I said no. He has a heavy foot anyway and I didn't like the focus on speed. Well, we'll think about it for the Magnum. . . KW

Unknown said...

Well, I don't think it looks plain. It certainly looks fast and a aggressive. Racing stripes would just put it over the top, IMHO. I saw one of the new style Mustangs in that same gun-metal grey with black stripes. It looked awfully nice.