Thursday, November 6, 2008

ANOTHER TIME ADJUSTMENT

Traveling from Pacific Daylight Time into Mountain Daylight Time, we dutifully turned our clocks and watches ahead one hour. (I think that's called "losing an hour.") Nine days later we were still in the Mountain Time Zone when we returned to standard time. We were fairly well adjusted to Mountain Time, but I was ready for bed by 8:00 p.m. that first night.

Then before becoming acclimated to Mountain Standard Time, we returned to the Pacific Time Zone. We turned our clocks back yet another hour, so now it feels like we're having to adjust to a huge time change. I'm "bright eyed and bushy tailed" at 5:00 a.m. but can hardly stay awake past 8:00 p.m.

Nevertheless, I love this time of year. The stores seem full of wonderful things -- not many of which I really want, I hasten to add. Still, it's fun to see it. It sparks my imagination and brings inspiration for projects. I add heat to the house by baking spicy goods. Tending the wood stove doesn't seem such a chore. Snuggly afghans and quilts provide extra warmth. The down side is taking a shower in the cold bathroom.

No comments: