Saturday, January 3, 2009

CELEBRATING ACCOMPLISHMENT

Yesterday (Friday, Jan. 2, 2009), "Honorary Aunt" Chris of Moscow finished a quilt and sent me the photo on the left. I think congratulations are in order. Chris says the reds, tans, and creams provide a warmer look for the room, appropriate for winter. She's "on a roll" now and moving on to finish another quilt -- a Christmas quilt, I believe -- so that she will feel better about starting some new projects. I so admire her discipline in these matters.

Inspired by Chris' example, I decided to organize some things I've started, need to finish, or want to start. I use the bed in "Hallie's" room to keep me focused. The bear I made the day before Christmas and just needs a few finishing touches. The scarf of scrap yarn will soon be finished. The afghan, made of 143 medallions (or something like that), will keep me busy for a while. (One of those things I wish I hadn't started.)

Our weather today is cold (27) but dry. Mike spent the morning in Lewiston while new tires were installed on the Dakota, a process involving some maintenance to the vehicle. And then he took the Christmas lights down. KW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! Finishing up things gives such a feeling of virtue--plus getting to actually use the finished product! The Christmas quilt is underway. Just loaded the backing onto the quilting frame, and after a break will load the top and batting. Maybe I will get it quilted before bedtime!

It's 21 up here and coldly beautiful--heaps of snow, and snow and ice clinging to every tiny thing with a blue, blue sky overhead.

Kathy said...

Chris -- I did a close-up on your quilt and was impressed with the blending of the fabrics. Very pretty! I'm sure you are enjoying the new look in your master bedroom. Also, that "brown something" in the background turned out to be a teddy bear in a Christmas sweater! Would love to see a picture of the Christmas quilt before you put it away. KW