Thursday, November 22, 2012

THANKSGIVING 2012


Our Dr. Pepper salad is setting up in the refrigerator. I'm still undecided about what kind of pie I'll bake. Others are bringing pumpkin and apple pie to our extended family gathering, which begs the question -- Do we even need another pie? Hmmmmm. Before we leave the house for our early afternoon feast, I will set a turkey breast to roast in the crockpot so that we can enjoy our favorite -- roast turkey sandwiches. I'm trying something new to me and sprinkling a packet of turkey gravy powder over the breast prior to roasting. I hear it's delicious.


4 comments:

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Have a good time - we are having both my children, all our grandchildren, & maybe even our great-grand child will arrive today!

Hallie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathy said...

We enjoyed dinner with extended family today. Mid-afternoon, we toured the Festival of Trees at the fair building. The trees seemed less lavish this year -- not as whimsical. It was still fun. Then, back at my nephew's house, the three sisters (of which I am the youngest) exchanged our Christmas gifts.

M/W said...

Kathy left out a very important part of Thanksgiving. Nellie and I went out for the annual Tg morning hunt and bagged a couple of pheasants. They were planted birds courtesy of the WA State Fish and Game but it was fun nevertheless.