Thursday, October 22, 2015

FINISHED!

As Halloween approaches, I celebrate the finish of the Halloween panel quilt I've been making for the last three years. What's that you say? You think it's four years? Quite possibly.

I'm blessed in that not many fabric lines speak to me as this one does. It's "Halloween Masquerade" by Amy Barickman for Red Rooster Fabrics. I love it so much that when I saw another quilt pattern using these same fabrics, I couldn't resist buying more of it for my stash. I'm unapologetic about that, too. I'll enjoy working with these designs again.

I outlined the girls and some of the other center figures by hand. It was harder than I thought it would be. (Don't look at the back of the quilt.) And that center design could probably use more quilting / embellishment. I may (or may not) do that some day.

It's a nice seasonal touch for the house and it does make me happy. I'm glad to call it finished this year. KW

4 comments:

Hallie said...

Hmm...I thought it was done last year. I thought I enjoyed it on the bed last fall. Did I dream it?

Kathy said...

That was this year. I put it on your bed when you visited at Labor Day. I definitely wouldn't have put it on your bed until it was bound, and that didn't happen until -- well, whenever that was this past summer.

Chris said...

I love it!! Can you hear me clapping? Yay for finished projects that make us smile! (And I have to giggle at Hallie comment and your answer!)

P.S. Anyone who looks at the back should have their hands slapped! That's my opinion anyway.

M/W said...

Well, it's scary but beautiful.