Sunday, May 22, 2016

STAYCATION DAY 3 -- SATURDAY



It was a quiet day at home. I walked the dogs at 7:00 a.m. and again at 2:00 p.m. It rained a little this morning, but about 5:30 or so we had a storm.

It was 45 when I got up, and I failed to note today’s high – probably in the mid 60s. It’s 70 in the house, which should be about right for comfort, and yet I’m feeling cold in jeans and sweatshirt.

I worked along on various projects today without finishing anything, unless you count the leggings for Nina Ballerina, but that’s a post of its own. Then I started her new tutu and abandoned my first efforts. I did receive two more staycation books – one on flea market decorating and a coloring book (vintage fashions of the 1920s). I ordered these things from “third party sellers” just before Mike left, thinking they would come in slowly, but sellers seem to have hastened to please me with early deliveries. Hmmm. I may need to make more orders. I’ll give it some thought . . .

Of course, I could buy instant downloads. The trouble with downloads is that I lose track of them. They quickly disappear into overarching categories, such as “patterns,” on my computer. No matter how many sub-files I create, I don’t have a good mental image without some sort of hard copy. One of my goals during this staycation was to print some of my files and work on a better inventory, but our new wireless printer goes to sleep and won’t wake up. Fortunately we had yet to dispose of the little HP 1600, so I set it up. It valiantly chugs along. The trouble is that the ink is so expensive.

Tonight I took the dogs out for a third walk after supper and they seemed to settle down better. I waited for Mike’s call but communication came by email about 9:00. He said he was in a place without cell service. It had rained but could have been worse. And now it’s on to Sunday when the big event will be crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. KW
 

No comments: