Thursday, May 11, 2017

STAYCATION DAY 2 -- WEDNESDAY, MAY 10



One of my very favorite things to do is to turn on tv and then sew or crochet, but I don't allow myself that privilege unless I’m staycating. So, I'm having a wonderful time here with the dogs doing what I like to do. My focus at this time is to make doll clothes for Hazel, who is coming to live at Allyn’s house very soon. I wanted Hazel to have clothing options right away, but wouldn’t you know it, suddenly nothing comes together the way it should. It took me all day Tuesday to make a simple skirt and all day today to make a jeans skirt. Well, there’s really more to the story because I was experimenting with those decorative elastics. Oh well. I’m just sayin’, “30-minute doll clothes” is a myth at my house.

I correctly anticipated another hot afternoon, so I took the dogs for a long walk in the cool of the morning just after the school bus went by. They were both excited to go. Then we went for several shorter outings in the afternoon / evening, and at that, I had to coax Nellie.

This afternoon I visited a friend at her home and then dropped by Jo-Ann’s for more of those fancy elastics – today’s staycation gift, I guess.

Daughter Hallie messaged in the evening to ask if I’d heard from Mike, and I hadn’t. I sensed she might be a little uneasy. I, however, feel at ease. He isn’t traveling alone, and as he always says, “Everything is all right or we would have heard.”

 

[At this writing (actually Day 3), we have heard from Mike. He’s fine and having a great time.] KW

4 comments:

Hallie said...

Why do you only sew with the TV on while staycating?

Kathy said...

Oh! I don't always have tv on. Sometimes I turn it off because there's nothing I want to listen to or because I need to concentrate. I think it has more to do with the fact that I find just sitting and watching tv to be boring. Very few programs demand undivided attention. Do I miss things by not watching? Yes. Do those things matter? Never.

And remember -- I'm here with dogs for companions. We understand each other pretty well, but communication is on the level of the dog.

It bothers me a little to think that my very disciplined husband would disapprove, but then I remember that football season will be here in the matter of a few months. Long live football!

Chuck said...

If you don't want to watch TV, you can always listen to music on the TV channels. Look in the guide for the type of music you would like to sew to. Joanne does that while braiding her rugs.

Kathy said...

Listening to music is a good alternative, and there are several sources at my disposal.