Sunday, October 7, 2007

SHOPPING

Town time includes shopping. Since shopping from the town house means a drive of at least five miles one way to the nearest shops and farther to the marts in Lewiston, such trips are carefully organized and include getting groceries and running errands. I sometimes liken it to our shopping trips to Spokane in the days of yore. My lists are organized by store and then I number them so that I’m traveling efficiently. I get the groceries last and carry a cooler for perishables. Yesterday I headed out at 9:00 and returned home after 1:00. I was tired and hungry before it was over.

A most noteworthy purchase was a Dept. 56 house for my collection, “Thanksgiving at Grandmother’s.” And I filled the back of our WRX with chrysanthemums. Mike and I have now planted 23 mums along the west and north sides of the foundation at the town house. The soil is sandy and loose here, such a contrast to the hard clay on the farm. I don’t think I’ve had a lot of luck with chrysanthemums in the past so I’m hoping for the best. KW

No comments: