Thursday, October 25, 2007

DESTINATION: DENVER


We're here!!! Mike, Nellie, and I left the farm Wednesday morning at 8:45 a.m. (PDT) and arrived at Clint's in Hagerman at 4:45 p.m. (MDT). We spent a quiet evening visiting. We appreciated Clint's hospitality.

We left Clint's this morning about 6:00. It was a hard day's drive into Denver. We were here about 7:15 p.m. or so. Yancey and Kelly did not receive Mike's email (sometimes the phone works best), so weren't expecting us this evening. But they seemed to be ready for us and graciously made us a light supper. We will see Annie and Jack tomorrow and lots of games and activities are planned over the weekend. I'll try to blog about those.

The full moon was beautiful as we drove through the mountains this evening. I couldn't help but wish I could show it to you. Then I remembered that the moon is beautiful where you are, too -- and perhaps never more beautiful than from one's own home. (Provided the sky is clear and you can see it, of course.) KW

2 comments:

Hallie said...

Hello in Denver! Yes, the moon has been beautiful here, too. I didn't see it yesterday, but I'm pretty sure all of the people in the 6 car pile-up on the floating bridge did!

Oh, I got the apron yesterday. I put it on and was like, "WOAH! A secret hidden pocket on the inside! YES! I'm like a secret agent chef." THEN I thought again and I was like, "WOA this apron is reversable! It's like TWO aprons in one!"

Kathy said...

Yes, I made the apron reversible. I thought the pumpkin fabric was a little too light for an apron, so I decided to line it. It then occurred to me that if I were lining it, it just as well be reversible.