Wednesday, May 14, 2008

FORGETFULNESS

The down side to a life of traveling back and forth between two places is that we find ourselves leaving behind at one house something that we really need at the other. Last weekend we had the presence of mind to take the USB cord for the camera to the farm so that we could download photos from the camera to the computer and thus be able to illustrate the blogs we write there. Not only did we leave the cord at the farm but we didn’t transfer the photos we took last weekend to the thumb drive so that we could have them in town. I had meant to illustrate several blog posts with the photos. Without photos, I can’t even think of topics! And of course, we have no means to download any photos we have taken this week.

Mike’s shoulder seems to be healing nicely. At his follow-up appointment today, he was told he should continue to wear the splint for the rest of the month. But – he can now ride his bicycle without the splint for an hour or so a day. Between you and me, he doesn’t let that shoulder hold him back from anything he wants to do. Today he and Ken went on a hike in the Waha area.

I walked up Critchfield today and found an interesting bottle cap -- Twisted Tea. I've never seen that. What is it? -- some sort of hard tea? Inside the cap it says, "Be a little twisted."

2 comments:

Hallie said...

I Google'd Twisted Tea and it says that it is a hard iced tea introduced in 2001. What color is the cap?

Update: I am successfully accomplishing my mission to capture photos of Douglas Warnock.

Kathy said...

The cap is orange. I wish it were in better shape. It's smashed and worn. XO